Decks are great additions. They let you enjoy outdoor living in the comfort of your home, and with creative planning and good design, you can make your deck an even more enjoyable place to stay in. Mid America Exteriors lists a few ideas to get you started.
- Outdoor Family Room — If you have limited indoor space, consider moving the family room outside. Add some quality outdoor furniture and a patio cover, and you have an outdoor family room that you can use all year round. There are weatherproof enclosures that let you install a television, game console and sound system without worrying about damage from the rain.
- Outdoor Kitchen — An outdoor kitchen lets you host summer barbecues with friends and family, without having to rush back and forth to the kitchen. You can have your outdoor kitchen as simple as elaborate as you want, from basic prep and grill areas, to a complete setup that includes a full-size oven and service counter.
- Tiered Deck — If your property sits on sloped land, get the most out of it with a tiered deck. You can create multi-sectioned exterior spaces that can have their own purpose. One could be the backyard pool, another could be the viewing area. For a more unified look, consider the same or similar color as your existing vinyl siding.
- Permanent Seating — Permanent seating is great both as a design element and as a functional alternative to ground-level deck railing. You can also choose to have these seats arranged around a focus area, such as a firepit.
- Glass Railing — You can maximize the view from an elevated deck by having glass panels as part of the railing. If you want a bit more privacy, partially or fully obscured glass panels work equally well.
- Wraparound Deck — When windows can’t fully capture a panoramic view, you need a panoramic deck. This extends your living area around all directions, giving you and your family more space for different activities. You can also choose to incorporate several of the above ideas into it.
- Incorporate the Landscaping — If your landscaping has a prominent component, such a large shady tree, incorporate them into your deck design. For example, a circular deck can be built around the base of a tree, which can function as a low coffee table, or as additional seating.
If you have a deck design in mind, Mid America Exteriors is your number one provider of deck and siding installation services. Give us a call at (316) 416-2045 or fill out our contact form. We serve clients in Derby and Wichita, KS.